Se siete amanti dell’aglio, if you are garlic lovers, you are going to love this super easy, great tasting pasta. And if you are not…you will still like it, tranquilli!
Preparation time: 20 min
Ingredients per 4-5 persone (for 4-5 people):
- 500 gr (or 12 oz) short pasta, (like penne rigate, rigatoni or gemelli)
- 100 gr (or 4 oz) sun-dried tomatoes – POMODORI SECCHI!
- 60 gr (or 2 oz) olive oil – OLIO D’OLIVA
- 15 gr (or 0.529 oz) non pareil capers – CAPPERI
- 150 gr (5 oz) breadcrumbs – PANGRATTATO (o mollica, per dirla alla catanese)
- 2 cloves of garlic – SPICCHI D’AGLIO
- 4 basil leaves – FOGLIE DI BASILICO
Put water on the stove, add salt and bring it to a boil.
Meanwhile, place the sun dried tomatoes, capers, basil, one clove of garlic and olive oil in a small food processor and grind to make your pesto.
Place breadcrumbs on a pan, add a little olive oil and a minced garlic clove and let it toast until golden. Drain pasta al dente (save some of the water you used to cook it as you might need it to soften your pesto instead of adding oil), add the pesto, put it on a serving dish and sprinkle with the toasted breadcrumbs. I promise, the garlicky breadcrumbs give this pasta a unique flavor!! Che buona, la faccio stasera!!